SEM Electrical are recruiting for an Apprentice Electrician to be based at SEM Electrical LTD, Darlington, DL1 2PB. The successful candidate will be offered a 3-year apprenticeship. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08.00 am – 16.30 pm. The salary for this role will be discussed at interview stage.
20% of the time will be spent on off the job training, on a day release basis (usually a Wednesday) based at Darlington College.
The role of the Electrical Apprentice will be to work as part of an electrical team working in a variety of environments, domestic, commercial, industrial and agricultural.
- Learning a diverse range of engineering skills with a predominantly electrical bias
- Preparing a range of premises for the installation of electrical wiring and systems, both domestic and commercial
- Installing electrical wiring and systems
- Using a range of tools and equipment
- Inspecting newly installed wiring and systems
- Assisting qualified Electricians on site and in work shops
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Must be able to demonstrate good numeracy and literacy skills
- Must be able to demonstrate good practical skills
- Must be able to follow instruction.
- Must have good organisational skills
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the apprenticeship scheme, completing all required packages/workbooks as well as attending off site sessions as required throughout their training.
- Needs to be able to evidence forward thinking to know how their career will progress
- Must be able to work within the Hard Services team and assist Electricians in their day to day tasks.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and display a high standard of integrity and responsibility
- There will be the need to do some overtime and working away from home will be involved within the role
Qualifications or Required Experience:
A-C grades in English, Maths and Science subjects.
Demonstrate a passion for Electrical Engineering.
Good communication skills.
There are opportunities for progression for the successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. SEM Electrical do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.